Orkla’s decentralised organisational structure
The Orkla Group comprises a total of around 100 companies that operate in a variety of product areas. The Group has chosen a decentralised organisational structure, where responsibility for strategy and value creation lies with the individual company.
This structure is intended to ensure that decisions are made by management staff who are close to their markets and have an insight into local problems and needs. Each company is legally responsible for its own business operations and has independent profit responsibility. The companies in the Orkla Group all share the following characteristics:
- Local management and value chain
- Independent legal responsibility
- Independent profit responsibility
- Sales organisations with good customer relationships
- Knowledge of local markets, consumer and customer understanding
- No. 1 or no. 2 positions (mainly in their markets
The Group has established general guidelines in areas where this is important in order to promote commercial interests, comply with external requirements and exercise the Group’s corporate responsibility, and follows up on Group companies by means of internal reporting systems, internal audits, risk management procedures and the internal board structure.