As a newly graduated academic working in Orkla you are defined as a Young Professional (YP). As an YP you are recruited to a permanent position in one of our subsidiaries. During your first year you will be invited to Orkla's YP network seminar.
Orkla recruits newly graduated academics to permanent positions throughout the value chain (business development, R&D, production, logistics, marketing, sales and economics) in the best training environments the company can offer.
Orkla has a strong focus on systematic training and development of our employees. Through on-the-job training in your company you will gradually be more challenged at work while under professional guidance.
FINDING YOUR OWN SOLUTIONS
As a YP you are encouraged to find your own solutions to work challenges. Coaching our talent is part of management responsibility. Our managers are evaluated on their ability to develop talent.
PROFESSIONAL AND PERSONAL DEVELOPMENT
As a YP you will participate in internal courses and educational programmes that are relevant to the position you are in. Orkla offers central training programmes within all areas of the value chain. In addition we place emphasis on general management training.
The Orkla Group is a large and international corporation. As a new employee you are given the opportunity to develop networks within the company in which you are working, as well as within the group as a whole. These networks enable a better knowledge of our companies, transferring competence between co-workers, and creating career opportunities within the group.
YOUNG PROFESSIONALS SEMINAR
Together with the other Young Professionals you will be invited to a seminar where we focus on the following:
Introduction to Orkla
- Introduction to the Orkla Group - giving you a broad introduction to all of Orkla’s business areas beyond the company you work in.
- Meet the corporate management - who will introduce you to Orkla’s strategy and our Goals and Values
- An examination of the possibilities for personal development and career opportunities that exist within the Orkla Group.
- Talent development in Orkla - we strongly encourage internal mobility.
- You will meet with Young professionals from the entire Group.