Growth Prize to Kalev
Kalev has been named this year's winner of the Orkla Growth Prize. The company received the prize for achieving broad-based growth in assets, volumes and market shares.
The jury emphasised that Kalev has pursued a clear strategy and delivered high quality at all levels of the organisation, from packaging and advertising to innovation and sales. Acquired by Orkla in 2010, the Estonian branded consumer goods company can point to annual growth of 23% in operating revenues and 160% in EBITA. Kalev recently invested EUR 3 million in new production facilities, setting the stage for world-class chocolate production.
Kalev received the Orkla Growth Award at the Scandic Fornebu Hotel in Oslo on Wednesday evening.
The other prize-winners were:
- Best Advertising Category: Jotun Paints MENA (Jotun Fenomastic & Jotashield)
- Best Promotion Category: Pierre Robert SE (Pierre Robert Olympic Promo)
- Best Packaging Category: Abba Seafood (Abba Herring relaunch)
- Best B2B Innovation Category: Jotun (Jotun Hull Performance Solutions)
- Best Core Business Innovation Category: Orkla Brands Russia (Osobiy)
- Best New Launch Innovation Category: Stabburet (Stabburet “Convenience meals”)
"Orkla's most important responsibility as a branded consumer goods company is to generate profitable growth. Innovation and marketing are of crucial importance for achieving our goals. I am pleased with the high quality of the finalists and winners of this year's Orkla Growth Awards, and I believe we are well-positioned to succeed in future," comments Åge Korsvold, President and CEO of Orkla.
This year marks the 13th time this event has been organised. This year's jury consisted of Arve Heltne (chair of the jury), Atle Vidar Johansen, Jan Ove Rivenes, Paul Jordahl, Pål Eikeland, Robert Sjøborg, Nils Goller and Rune Myrmel (one category).