Helping to give children and teenagers a more active daily life
Though the Orkla Friends Fund, Orkla House Care is providing support to the Bankeryd handball association and the Hagaboda parasport association, which work to give children and young people with disabilities a more active everyday life.
Orkla House Care is responsible for making the February award from the Orkla Friends Fund. The company has decided to split the donation of NOK 100,000 between the two associations Bankeryd Handboll and Hagabodas Förening för Hälsa och Social utveckling.
”Bankeryd Handboll has a wide range of youth activities and is a key member of our community. Hageboda has focused on giving disabled children and teenagers a chance to try their hand at various sports on their own terms,” says Björn Cannerborg at Orkla House Care. ”We are glad to be able to help support the important work of these two associations to give our children and young people a good, active everyday life.”
The Orkla Friends Fund grant was presented in the Attarpshallen sports hall in Bankeryd on Tuesday, 23 February.
About the Orkla Friends Fund:
- The Orkla Friends Fund was established in connection with the launch of Orkla’s new vision ”Your friend in everyday life”.
- Since September of last year, various Orkla companies have been designated to donate NOK 100,000 from the Orkla Friends Fund to a charitable cause.
- The awards have primarily been made in the “Nutrition and Health” category, with “Corporate Responsibility” as an alternative.
- So far, the fund has provided grants for the following causes:
- Orkla Foods Norge supported street football teams in Norway with funds earmarked for football and training shoes.
- Odense Marcipan supported the Julemærkefonden, a foundation that runs four care centres in Denmark where children are helped to adopt a healthier lifestyle, improve their self-image and build new friendships.
- Orkla Confectionery & Snacks gave a grant to the Min Stora dag (My Special Day) foundation, which provides enjoyable experiences for children who are seriously ill.
- Lilleborg Profesjonell donated funds to Kirkens Bymisjon (Church City Mission) and its Christmas fundraising campaign ”Make Someone Who is Dreading Christmas Happy”.
- MTR Foods in India, in collaboration with the Akshaya Patra foundation, provided lunch for more than 2,000 children at 20 schools in Surathkal, India for one year.