Orkla Growth Award to Orkla Foods Norge
Orkla Foods Norge was crowned this year’s winner of the Orkla Growth Award for its Take Away Pizza by Big One.
The jury emphasised the strong innovation shown by the company in introducing take-away pizza to the grocery channel, thereby generating considerable growth through the expansion of the frozen pizza market. Since its launch in September 2012, Take Away by Big One has been a success among Norwegian consumers, and achieved strong sales. Orkla Foods Norge also received praise for the clarity and excellent implementation of its marketing mix in connection with the launch of the product.
Orkla Foods Norge received the Orkla Growth Award at the Scandic Fornebu Hotel in Oslo on Tuesday evening.
The other prize-winners were:
- Best Advertising: Lilleborg (Milo)
- Best Promotion: Orkla Foods Sverige (The Friends Promotion)
- Best Packaging: three silver awards: Orkla Foods Norge (Toro Krydderiet), Orkla Foods Norge (Take Away by Big One) and Orkla Foods Sverige (Felix Mustig Soppa)
- Best Core Business Innovation: Orkla Foods Sverige (Abba Middagsklart)
- Best New Launch Innovation: Orkla Foods Norge (Take Away by Big One)
- Best Sales Growth Innovation: Orkla Confectionery & Snacks Norge (Nidar Pick & Mix)
This year, Orkla presented an additional award – Best Actor. The winner was Lise Holm-Glad from Lilleborg, who received the award for her role in the Define Haircare commercials.
“Orkla’s most important responsibility as a branded consumer goods company is to generate profitable growth. Innovation and good marketing are crucial for achieving the goals we have set ourselves. I am therefore pleased with the high quality of the finalists and winners of this year's Orkla Growth Awards," says Åge Korsvold, President and CEO of Orkla.
This year, the Orkla Growth Awards were arranged for the 14th time. The 47 finalists were selected from 157 nominees in six growth and innovation categories.
This year’s jury was chaired by Åge Korsvold, and also included Atle Vidar Johansen, Paul Jordahl, Pål Eikeland, Christer Åberg, Stig Ebert Nilssen, Robert Sjøborg, Mirjam Hamnen, Rune Myrmel and Arve Heltne.