Once your company has been enabled you will get notified to set up MFA before you proceed.
Make sure you have your phone nearby!
You need to perform the following steps on a PC.
1. You will likely see the following image when you try to sign in. If you don’t, click the following link: https://account.activedirectory.windowsazure.com/r?tenantId=4b57ed8a-bc57-4143-8229-b68cd92cbaf3
2. Click Next.
3. Choose your method.
Send me a code by text message sends you a text message with a code.
Call me calls you, and you need to press the pound key (#) to authenticate, then hang up.
Enter your Country and phone number and click Next.
Send me a code by text message step-by-step:
Open up the text message:
Enter the code and click Verify:
You’re done. You will not need the app password provided on the screen.
Call me step-by-step:
Once you get the phone call, answer it and press the pound key (#).
In case you see this screen simply click done. You do not need the app password provided.
You may also need to update your contact information. If so, follow the prompts on the screen to set at least one option.
You can now proceed to sign in.
Note: If you’re already using the Outlook app on your phone, you do not have to do these steps!
We recommend that you start using Microsoft Outlook. This app is designed for Office 365, and is constantly updated with new features.
You can download Microsoft Outlook from the AppStore on your phone. Setting it up is done by simply entering your email address and password, and signing in with MFA.
If you really want to keep using the old Mail app, you have to re-add the account using the correct method of signing in.
Do the following:
1. Open Settings, and scroll down to Passwords & Accounts:
2. Click Exchange or Orkla Mail:
3. Click Delete Account, then confirm. Don’t worry, nothing is locally stored on your device, and note that it may take a little while.
4. Click Add Account:
5. Select Exchange:
6. Really important: Enter your @orkla.biz username below, NOT your email address.
7. Tap Sign in.
8. Enter your password and tap Sign in.
9. Check the box to not ask again for 30 days, then approve the authentication request on your device.
10. Accept the required permissions.
11. Tap Save.
12. You should now see that your mail and calendar is downloading. It may take a while before everything is synchronized.